ADVISORY BOARDS & EXPERT GROUPS
In addition to his advisory work on projects funded by the World Bank and other international aid agencies and donors, Mike serves on a number of external advisory boards for non-profit groups, international development agencies and prize committees. Most notably, these include:
- Board Member, Digital Promise Global
- Member, Digital Advisory Panel for the UK's Department for International Development (Dfid)
- Member, OECD PISA 2021 ICT Expert Group
- Founding Steering Committee Member, the mEducation Alliance
- Advisory Board Member, U.S. Library of Congress Literacy Awards
Previously external advisory work included terms on the international advisory board of the International Institute for Communications in Development (IICD) in the Netherlands; NMC's K-12 Horizon Report; and the External Advisory Board for Education & Learning for the Toronto-based Mastercard Foundation.
Mike is a Distinguished Fellow of the Research Centre of Fundación Ceibal in Uruguay.